On occasion, we have a dog that just will not do well in our shelter type environment. Although we are different that a county shelter, in that we are a smaller facility, are a no kill facility, and have only a limited number of kennels, sometime, some dogs just have a hard time here. In those cases, we look for a temporary foster to take care of him/her until we find a permanent home.
If you would like to help us out with a dog that needs a little extra TLC, please make sure that you meet the following requirements:
1. Foster must provide a loving home for the dog. The dog must be allowed inside at night, and for a reasonable time during the day and be given adequate interaction with people. The dog must not be left crated or alone for an extended period of time (of course we understand that people work, but dog cannot be crated for 8-9 hours straight).
2. Foster must commit to at least 6 months. Of course, we may find a home for the dog sooner than that, but foster must realize that sometimes it takes many months to find a home for a dog, especially the larger breeds.
3. Foster must give at least 2 weeks notice to Home Free prior to returning the dog.
4. Foster must be willing to pay for food for the dog. Home Free will supply all other necessities, including covering the costs for medical expenses.
5. Foster must consult with Home Free prior to taking the dog to a vet, and should only take the dog to a Home Free approved veterinarian.
6. Foster must live within 30 minutes of Home Free's location in Newport Beach, or be willing to drive the dog to our facility in order to meet potential adopters or go to adoption events.
7. Foster must fill out foster application and be willing to have a representative of Home Free come to foster's home for a home check.
If you feel that you can meet all of the requirements and would like to be a foster, please fill out this application and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for your interest in fostering one of our dogs!!
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!! Our rescue is affiliated with the Newport Beach Animal Shelter. Our facility is at the same location as they are. Therefore, our volunteer program is run though Newport Beach. Please see the following link for all of the information about volunteering: